Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:39:59 -0500
Dear Syl;-
   The use of the names of the "7" oceans is a convenient convenience. The "7 seas" is a term in use before anyone knew there was an Antarctic or either Pacific Oceans. Jason chased his Golden Fleece in the Black Sea, a most fearsome place for his day in his tiny Argo.
    What I wonder is if the term (7 seas) belongs in modern geography---or should be consigned to the wonderful world of mythology.
     The Iowa Caucus will take the vote.
         Art