From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:00:24 -0800
I'm doing a project and I need some small Lyropecten subnodosus (?), if
that's the right name. I found a small lion's paw- type scallop on a
beach in San Carlos, Mexico. I think it's a Lyropecten subnodosus. I
have been casting shells for tiles and I used this shell in one of the
prototypes. Alas, I broke it taking it out of the mold. But the
resulting tile looks really snappy. I want to use this species. But I
won't be down in San Carlos until next fall.

Anyone have any small Panamic "lion's paws" to spare? I don't need both
valves, just the top ones, smallish, from 1 1/2" to 3/4". I'll buy them
or swap for shells or tiles. If anyone is interested please, email me
off the list.