From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:48:01 +1300
>  > Volunteers at the local museum here are treated like crap by
>>  management... just like the staff! High staff turnover too. That's
>>  what they get for taking on someone from India for the Head... (my
>>  wife is Indian, so I know full well what Indian practices are like!).
>
>Andrew,
>
>Might the explanation for arbitrary and disrespectful behavior not be more
>likely to be due to the culture of management than the manager's ethnicity?

Possibly in part, but this is standard Indian business practice.
Trust noone, treat everyone under you like dirt. I've seen it over
and over. Backstab, muckrake, oneupmanship... it's the lifestyle.
Even a lot of Indians admit this.

>At the hospital where I work, the WASPy executive director came into a
>meeting with professional employees about, slammed her keys down on the
>table, and invited people to quit if they didn't like the downsizing
>situation and her management of it. This is supposedly a mental health
>facility, where employees practice good communication skills.

Sure, there are plenty of nasty white Caucasoids too, but the
relative proportion is far smaller.

>*********
>
>Various books emphasize different features to distinguish Trivia nix and
>Trivia candidula. Abbott's 1968 Field Guide says nix has a dorsal groove and
>candidula does not. Redfern says nix is larger (approx. 9.5mm) and more
>globose.
>
>However, two of the three 5.5mm white Trivias I just found in Florida have a
>fairly distinct groove. Am I safe in assuming these are probably candidula?

Hybrids!
--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin, New Zealand