From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:03:06 +1300
>I have also seen one sp of slug in forest near suva and probably Parmella
>planata in forest on Kandavu. I have also heard there are still Placostylus
>in remoter parts of Vanua Levu & Taveuni. but my only collection on Taveuni
>produced one dead Helicina

Not a rich spot... but I suppose that's hardly surprising, as Fiji is
geologically isolated, and not a lot of species probably managed to
disperse that far.

>The ?Trucatella I mentioned was from a road cutting near Sigatoka on a
>limestone outcrop and a long way from the coast. Much more strongly
>sculptured than most Truncatella.

I guess Truncatella is pretty much a terrestrial rissooid, but I've
never heard of it occurring inland! The ones I found unter Suva rocks
included many specimens which had n ot decollated.
--
Regards
Andrew