Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:24:41 -0400
Dear Pete;-
   The one thing you are NOT going to get is a correct answer. Like other families, Olives have (depending on who is talking) species, sub-species, forms of, and Etc. Lumpers will list the fewest true species. Zeigler counts (maybe) 70 species, many of which have different names for light and dark examples. This is not an answer you can use. Just use it in juxtaposition to the other answers you may receive. (I always wanted to use that word)
     Art
> From: Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2004/04/08 Thu PM 07:59:41 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Olividae
>
> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone please tell me how many species of Olividae (and Oliva) there are?
> Also, is there a place on the Web that lists them all?
>
> Regards,
> Peter Egerton
>
> --
> Peter Egerton, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
> - - - - - - - Seashells and Web Publishing - - - - - - - - - -
> Seashell Website:  "Peter's Seashells"
>                (including "Seashells of British Columbia")
>               http://members.shaw.ca/bcshells/index.html
> Email: mailto:[log in to unmask]

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!