From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 00:16:00 -0400
To my fellow pecten enthusiasts....A paper was published in the most
recent edition of Ruthenica, the Russian Malacological Journal entitled
"New Data on the Bivalved Mollusc Fauna of the North Pacific Ocean. 5. The
status of some scallops of the subfamily Chlamydinae von Teppner, 1922 and
notes on the genus Mizuhopecten Masuda, 1963 (Pectinidae).  The abstract
mentions the following:

1) Pecten erythrocomatus is a synonym of P. hastatus var. albidus
2) Chlamys rosealbus is a synonym of C. chosenica
3) C. nantiensis, nom. sub. for P. laetus is a synonym of C. farreri.

The problem is that the paper is in Russian.  Do any of you know russian
or do you know someone who may be able to translate this article for us?
I can generally stumble through french, german, spanish and latin but the
cyrilic alphabet stops me cold.

Those of you going to COA have a great time, those of you going to the
World Congress of Malacology (AMU, WSM, UNITAS) keep an eye open, I'll be
there.

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine