From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:29:38 -0400
Linda and Other Shellers,
Well shells are animals too, so why not the zoo?   I saw the shell display
there over ten years ago and it was very nice, and also wondered about it
origin.   I heard Tucker Abbott speaking to another person at a COA and
Tucker said "the shells from Bill Bledsoe's estate was supposed to go to the
St. Louis Zoo, but I intervened to stop that."  Since he was talking to
someone else, I did not get a chance to question him further.  Bill Bledsoe
was a west coast (U.S.) sheller and early President of COA.  He attended our
COA convention in St. Louis, where I enjoyed talking to him.
Any further information from the conch world on the origin of this
improbable location for a shell collection?

Alan Gettleman
member, The Greater St. Louis Shell Club, among others