Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:46:28 -0400
Dear Tom et al;-
   There is: (from the Veliger, Vol. 7, March 15, 1965) "A Glossary of A Thousand-And-One Terms used in Conchology" Compiled by Winifred H. Arnold.
   Distributed by: THE SHELL CABINET, P.O. Box 29, Falls Church, Va. 22046.
    I find it quite valuable.
       Art

> From: "Thomas E. Eichhorst" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2004/07/29 Thu AM 11:51:14 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: conchological terminology question
>
> Milan,
>
> I do not think there is a universally accepted, much less an official, conchological terminology.  But I was told by Dr Mienis when asking about certain terms, the important thing was to define the term you are using and be consistent within the paper you are writing.
>
> Tom E.

PLEASE NOTE: My new, long-term, and correct email address is: [log in to unmask] Please update your records!