From:
Bob Dayle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:45:35 +1000
For those with interests in the cowries and shell photography,...

The Visual Database of Cypraea teres-related shells from Oahu, Hawaii, has been
added to and modified recently. A link is included on the main page for access
to the "family portrait" of this entire lot of shells. Distinctive individuals
can be spotted in the "line-up."

More sets of images are available at http://cowrys.org/research/teresdb.htm and
the format has been altered to allow a review of the currently imaged specimens
in a two page "window." (I hope Uncle Bill doesn't come after me for using his
word!)
At two to three day intervals, the "window" will move up the list of already
completed pages.

Concurrently, the imaging of the remainder of the nearly 900 teres-like shells
will continue. There are now more than 500 completed, thus 3,000+ photos exist
(and as many 'thumbnail' images, which are posted on-line).

Aloha,

Bob Dayle, webmaster, chief researcher and bottle-washer
http://cowrys.org