Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:00:26 +0200
It seems, Trichia species in N. America are not alien anymore, they are
established species

Does anyone of you has futher knowledge about 'vagabond' Trichias (that is
extralimital, or introduced to parts of the world like US)? In species or
established areas basis....

What can be the smaller black slug mentioned, Milax gagates?

"Its phylogeny is like this: Mollusca: Gastropoda: Stylommatophora:
Pulmonata: Helicoidea: Hygromiidae: Hygromiinae". Phylogeny?

I see that many introductions that N America face is generally from
(European) Atlantic coast (M. gagates, L maximus, L. valentiana, Helix
aspersa and Iberus sp. (to CA), Trochoidea elegans, Trichia spp., 4-5 spp of
millipeds, Hobo spider (again to pasific coast, i think)). This is mainly
seems to be a one-sided way (Europe to America). What can be the reason for
this? Vegetable trade is unlikely i think, if it is the first (english)
eastern colonies what might snails have to do with them?