Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:00:58 -0500
One snail that went the other way is Zonitoides arboreus.

The case of the starling is indeed very puzzling since there was not one
but many attempts to introduce it into the U.S.:
http://www.wku.edu/~smithch/biogeog/COOK1928.htm

Aydin

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:06:44 -0500, G Thomas Watters <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Migration of humans, their pets, their vermin, their foods has always been
>one sided from Europe to America. My ancestors left England for colonial
>Virginia in the 1600's and may have brought over God-knows-what with them.
>Some plants and animals were brought over as food items: common carp,
>various helicids, Corbicula. Some were introduced for reasons that defy
>logic, like the starling. Relatively few species have gone the other
direction.