Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:38:28 -0500
Art,

Fabio is right about the peroxide creating more scarring but perhaps at the
concentrtions you are using it  this is not much of an issue. I would bet
the reason your doctor recommended it was precisely because it does release
an oxygen atom.  This keeps the wound environment aerobic and prevents the
growth of anaerobic bacteria.
At least this is what my mother, a nurse, explained to me when I squirmed as
she applied it to my skinned knees after many and various childhood mishaps.

Heres hoping you heal soon and you can always tell your grandchildren that
the scar is from that grizzly bear that attacked during the winter you spent
trapping in Alaska. ;))
Beth DeHaas
Whitefield, ME