Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:58:54 -0400
In southern florida the following mollusca we found by my wife and i

cypraea cervus, c. zebra, c. cineria, c. spurca (atlantic yellow cowrie)

conus regius, c. mus,c. sternsi, c. spurius, c. patae, c. daucus, c.
delessertii, c. floridana

phyllonotus pomum, chicoreus delectus, murex rubidus, murex cabritti,
hexaplex fulvescens, favartia cellulosa, muricopsis oxytatus, urosalpinx
cineria, eupleura caudata, thais rustica,  thais deltoid,

columbella rustica, columbella mercatoria,

melongena corona, busycon contrarium, busycon spiratum, pleuroploca
gigantia, fasciolaria hunteria, fasciolaria tulipa, latirus infundibulum
(found dead/beach) latirus carinferus (beach)

oliva sayana , oliva citrina, oliva reticularus, olivella mutica, olivella
nivea, (rice olives, don't remember the latin name )

mitra florida (only found spire) mitra nodulosa, mitra barbadensis, vexillum
pulchellum, vexillum epiphanea,

vasum muricatum, turbinella angulata (biminis)

scaphella junonia,

cancellaria reticulata,  cancellaria adelae, trigonostoma tenerum

marginella guttata, marginella apicina, marginella hematita, marginella
carnea, marginella roosevelti,  marginella avena

strombus costata, strombus gigas, strombus pugilus, strombus alatus,
strombus rananus (dwarf too)
polinces duplicata , nautica carena , nautica lactus,
astraea phobia, astraea americanus, calliostoma jujubinum,
there are several other species we have found, we were lucky , when my wife
and i 1st moved to S. FL they had just replenised the beach at hallandale,
we spent weeks in the surfline with stainers , we plunged the strainers into
the marl where the waves crashed then washed out the sand , in almost every
scoop there would be something new. i didn't mention many species as frankly
i've forgot them all. thanks for your time , mark and peta bethke