From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:42:19 -0700
The heavy shells are tough to get.  I doubt they are actually uncommon, just
not on the market due to location.  The question of consistency is why I
have not written an article as yet.  I have only a single specimen of the
heavy South China Sea type and would like to examine a couple more before
offering up the question as to the status of the two.  The heavy shell is
quite obviously T. martinii - or at least, it is more that species than any
other Tibia species.  It would seem they are at least subspecies as I have
not heard of the heavy form coming from the Philippines where the light form
is common.  It would now be nice to know if anyone has a thin, light T.
martini from north of the Philippines.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico (with my new (blisteringly fast) computer that
should be paid off not too long after it is outmoded and out of date).