From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:46:37 +0100
Dear All,

I'm very frustrated with these operculae:

How do you want a shell dealer puts an operculum in a shell and sells
it for 2 $ ! The photo - COSTS LOTS OF MONEY - , the label printing -
yes ink is VERY expensive -the plastic bag. The packing; The fuel form
the boat - the crew of the boat and then people expect the operculum in
Monodonta labio !  I wonder if we make profit on 2 $ shells....
As for us we will occasionally put  operculae in groups such as Natica
and Nerita, but even then, we do not have the time always.
Fisherman will not care, unless you pay them 5 $ for a Natica WITH
OPERCULUM. Be sure also in this case to get a lot of Angaria with an
operculum of a Tectus. But then, who is going to buy a Natica 10 $
because it has the operculum ? Or a Nerita polita ?

Guido - frustrated with this thing and happy on Guphil I

www.conchology.be