From:
Doug Stemke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:28:47 -0500
I recently made a purchase from a dealer who ships from the Philippines
(although they are based in 'another country) who used DHL as the shipper.
It was a mixed order of only 9 shells. I was very surprised to get a
customs duty invoice ($25) that is almost 1/5 the value of the shells.

What gives?  I have never received such an invoice before. Is there a flat
rate for shells sent from overseas or was this somehow based on the value
of the shells?  The later seems somehow unlikely based on the information
on the bill. If I'm going to get hit with a $25 bill from the US
government everytime I make an overseas order it is going to seriously
restrict my non-US purchases.

I noted someone previously posted a similar situation.  9 shells hardly
makes me a shell dealer.  Any thoughts?