From:
Lyle Therriault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:43:49 -0500
Dear Friends and Collectors,

In the last 10-15 or so years I've been lazy ONLY in the respect that I
have not joined COA ....earlier! But...I just filled out my form and wrote
out the check tonight. I wish I had done this years ago !! I rememeber COA
sending me literature in the snail mail back in 1994 or 1995....a whole
decade ago! So, I have arrived, finally. Better late than never. I hope to
get down to Ft. Myers this summer to see a lot of friends I have made thru
the years. That of course, all depends on work and if I am too busy I wont
be able to go. But, I'm planning it so barring any catastrophe I should be
there.

For those that do not know me, my name is Lyle Therriault, and I live in
Charlotte, NC.  I used to live in Kansas for a long while and I am
originally from the Boston, MA. area.  I am 35 currently and I have
collected shells now for 31 years! I started when i was a wee one. Only in
the last 8 or so years have I been selling shells on the market, with some
of that arising from eBay where I am know as carolinasheller and most of
it arising from long time friends and customers who I have on a mailing
list.

I used to collect all families of shells. I now however do not,,,and I
sold all my shells 3 years ago. I did NOT sell my cones tho, that is the
one family I do collect to this day and I have over 2,000 specimens. I ran
out of room a long time ago when i collected all families. back then I had
almost 16,000 specimens!

So anyways....I collect cones and I also sell cowries. I have a regular
job so naturally the shells come in a distant second...

Right now I am selling off my stocks of shells from all families ( apart
from cowries)  In the process of making lists of all the specimens I have,
and I have MANY.  Anyone interested in some excellent shells, and some
uncommon to rare ones too, and good prices let me know!  it is time
consuming....I only have about 10 families done so far. but I'm whittling
it down so hopefully soon they will all find new homes.

I also have a website, but it is under construction, that deals with
cowries, cowrie news, a gallery and my cowries for sale. I have right now
approx. 400 cowries comprising roughly 225+ species for sale at the
moment.  All of these will eventually make it;'s way to the website.

Thats if for now I guess.....I am looking into making a trip to the Keys
maybe sometime this late spring or early summer. My mission? Florida cones
and cowries. Hopefully I can do some good collecting. Anyone know of any
hot spots?  Any ban or limits there on collecting?
Rules, regulations, limits?  Let me know!

Happy shelling!!

Sincerely, Lyle Therriault