From:
Sophie Valtat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:33:42 +0200
Hello,
First of all, un grand merci, to all those who have answered my previous
mail about Mozambique. Thanks to their advise we are now there for almost
two weeks.
I need a technical advise as I'm currently with no litterature.
There is here ba nice rocky shore with a succesion of Littorinidae,
Neritidae... species. I would like to describe the zonation of this
intertidal shore as precisely as possible.
It's rather easy to note the vertical distributin of each species but, if a
species is present from 3.5m to 2m most of the specimens are between 3.1 to
2.5 for example. So it's necessary to make a quantitative measurements.
It's where I need your help.
Could someone be kind enough to explain how technicaly I should do thqt ? I
imagine I have to define squares of 20x20cm for ex count the specimens for
each species in the squares... But how many square should I concider, how to
choose them, what size ?

I would be very grateful to anyone who could help me. Thank you very much in
advance,

Sophie