From:
Cecil Bankston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:46:01 -0500
Thanks for the reply, Paul.

 > Date:    Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:49:03 -0400
 > From:    Paul Monfils <[log in to unmask]>
 > Subject: Re: Lienardia from Manihi, Tuamotus
 >
 > I believe it is Lienardia rubida  Hinds, 1843.  Lienardia roseotincta
 > is more elongate, with more pronounced spiral sculpture and less
  > pronounced axial sculpture.

If you look again at the labial side view of my specimen you can see its
sutural channel is nothing like the smoothly rounded sutures of rubida
and roseotincta, thus I am convinced it is neither species.  I again
emphasize that the lower margin of the channel actually forms a sharp,
thin edge that reflects apically, partially overhanging the channel in
some areas.
--
Cecil N. Bankston
Baton Rouge, LA