From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:48:24 -0400
>>Would  you by any chance imply that the politicians who are indicted or
>>would deserve to be are as  slithery as our dearly molluscs ??? ;-) F.F.

Dear F.F. and others,

Such a comparison would not be appropriate for this forum, of course.

However, it's instructive to consider the editor's priorities in news coverage when the mere existence of images of highly-developed invertebrates are placed on a rough par with a breaking story that may significantly alter the political landscape of the most powerful nation on earth.

Perhaps ABC's editors are making an innovative revision to taxonomy?

David

Man's attitude toward nature is today critically important simply because we have now acquired a fateful power to alter and destroy nature.