From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:40:59 -0500
Hi, Everyone!

Thanks for all of the information on Ni'ihau shell lei necklaces.

Now, a while back we discussed the sale/trade of Papustyla pulcherrima, the Manus Island green tree snail.  I know that as a CITES list species, it cannot any longer be collected and exported from its home.  However, what restrictions are there on shells that have been here in the U.S. since before the listing.  Can they be sold or traded within the U.S. (I think the concensus was yes)?  Can it be sent as a trading item from the U.S. to another country?

Thanks,
Linda