From:
Emilio Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:39:57 -0600
Dear Leslie, Harry and listers,

I did paraphrase a comment that Tucker made while he, the Sanibel
legend Ede Mugridge, and I were sitting around Ede's favorite table
just chatting. As I remember, Tucker said something like "every shell
in the western Atlantic has been described, at least twice." I  have
never heard him say it in public and, if he has, I presume, as I
presumed then,that he did not mean it seriously. And I never heard
about the second "quote" that Leslie mentions until I read in this
forum.

In the last few weeks there have been two occasions in which a very
poor choice of words has been used in connection with two extremely
well respected malacologists: Dr Carlos de la Torre and Dr. R. Tucker
Abbott.  I have blushed of embarrasement in front of my computer on
both occasions.

Emilio