From:
Dan Yoshimoto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 19:30:44 -0700
Dear All.. geographers, in particular,
        I am aiding a friend in translating a shell book, written in
Japanesed locations, I am unable to find the following places on the data
tags.  The specimens are all in a new book published this year in Japan and
the author might like to publish the book in English, if possible.  My wife
speaks, reads and writes Japanese but many of the localities are from
Russian ports, bays, or ocean areas.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
        When this book is finally published in English, it will be of great
help to those who collect shells from Northern Japan to Northern
California, including Alaska, Kamtschatka, Sakhalin, Canada.
        Please reply to my home e-mail address, if you have any suggestions
on these names.

Dan Yoshimoto
Eureka, California

Daruni Cape, Kamtschatka

Shanta Is., Okhotsk Sea

Gudobin Is., Bering Sea  orKhudubine Is., Bering Sea

Sutalichicofu, W. Bering Sea
King George Sound, N. Pacific coast,

Ishikari, Japan ?

Dan, Hiromi & Kuma Yoshimoto