From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:33:55 -0700
There are some heavy-duty attempts at fraud on Ebay.  I have seen quite a
few listings that use an item from another listing (stealing the image and
description).  It often happens just when the actual item closes.  Ebay is
pretty good about removing them when found (thus the absence of the item
when you looked again), but it really looks like some folks have found an
easy way to make money.  You have to pay attention to who the seller is.

As for the Amazon listing, I have used their "list when it becomes
available" a few times and found that it works great.  I realize this would
depend upon the nature of what you are looking for, but if not too rare,
just used and out-of-print, it works fairly well.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA (called a "small state" today in a story by
the BBC, I guess ignoring the UK's 93,788 sq miles compared to New Mexico's
121,355 sq miles!)