From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 21:52:44 -0700
I have already shared a bit of how I got started so I will spare
everyone.  But I do get a kick out of reading how others got hooked (nice
idea for a dull weekend, Sarah).

I have a young (about 5 years old) niece who is showing such an interest.
 I have made her a couple of baskets of shells and she is thrilled each
time.  The reason I am bringing this up is a comment she made last week.
 She was at the house and heard that we had a shell club meeting here the
night before.  Her question was, "At a shell club meeting do you bring
shells or does everyone dress up in a shell costume?"  So there you have
it, another idea for a shell club activity.  Let me know how it works (I
think we'll pass).

With that, it's late, it was a real long, miserable day, so I'm turning
in.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA (the only state I know of with an
official state question, "Red or green?"  Referring to chile).