From:
Katherine Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:45:24 -0400
Hi ya all!

You want to hear about collecting trips?  We just returned from 6 days on
Eleuthera.  The weather was perfect,
The shelling great and the conch fritters tender.

We roomed for the first time with a delightful couple:  Alice and Ken Piech.
Ken is absolutely fantastic in the wonder and stays out as long Jim.  Most
collectors on our trips do not keep up with Jim...but Ken definitely out did
Jim this week.

We collected in all our favorite spots and even managed to sneak into Cape
Eleuthera which is all under construction with new condos.

Some of the species found during the week were:

Cassis tuberosa
Cassis flammea
Tellina listeri
Tellina radiata - lots of beautiful dead pairs
Charonia variegata
Trivia quadripunctata
Strombus gigas - gorgeous huge pink ones
Strombus costatus = nice colors
Cypraea cinerea
Volvarina jimcordyi (newly named)
Siela adamsoni
Marginella sp?
Baylia parva
Chlamys ornata
Trivia pediculus
Morum oniscus
Xenophora caribbeum
F. tulipa
An abundance of various colors of Lace Murex - bright orange, almost
white...very black, etc.

Bobbi Cordy

Jim and Bobbi Cordy
Merritt Island, Florida
Space Coast Seashell Festival
"Sand In Our Shoes"
January 18-20,2008
ATSC Sponsors "It's Better In the Bahamas Shelling Trips"