Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 23:30:13 -0400
Hi,
Anyone willing to give me pointers as to specific beaches / sites in the
Vava'u archipelago of Tonga?  I am going there to visit local friends in
early November. My local friends there will gladly take me to places if I
can provide them the names or general directions.

Intertidal, wading and easy snorkelling locations would be preferable. I
like minis/micros too.

I've done a search on CONCH-L and found references to a number of issues
of the Hawaiian Shell News about collecting in Tonga: I admit to not
having read them all yet, but so far I have not found specific reference
to particular sites.

I would also like to collect some land snails -- I have no experience
searching for them -- so any pointers would be great too. I suppose under
rocks, among dead leaves and on tree stalks/trunks?

Thanks!
Cheers from rainy Berkeley, CA!
Alex