From:
Bob Dayle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2007 21:25:35 +1000
Related to Keith's information,...

At some point in the 1960's, I believe, an article in the Hawaiian Shell News
mentioned that a well-meaning couple, thinking Waikiki Beach should have more
seashells on it, "salted" it with Pacific-wide varieties of shells.

Considering the number of times the sand at Waikiki has been replenished, I
doubt any of those 'extras' will come to light ever again. Still,... now that
sand from off of Waikiki is being brought back in, claims of previously unseen
Hawaiian species should be checked carefully.

Aloha,

Bob Dayle