From:
"Krasny, Ed" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 09:27:24 -0500
The answer is not poop-less cows but in controlling non-point sources of
pollution - generally fertilizer (Nitrates and Phosphates) run-off from
farms as well as individual home owners (do I dare say, overuse for those
great green lawns) into surface waters and sewer systems, respectively.
There obviously is no easy answer and the Environmental Protection Agency
and Congress continue to grapple with this one.

Skip
Skip Krasny
Environment & Energy
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]