From:
Richard Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 00:41:32 -0400
This sounds horrible. I once had the same problem, coming back to England
with a collection of shells from the Philippines. Problem was, I also had
a five-year old, very small end-of-joint roach amongst the detritus at the
bottom of one of my camera bag pockets. The British customs searched my
two bags, and me (in the most embarrassing manner) and found nothing more.
The shell collection was in my main bag, so they took them out, unwrapped
the tissue paper, and crushed each one, by hand, in front of my eyes. I
was let go after agreeing to give a $100 (Pounds50) 'contribution' to the
Police charity.

Please don't hold out any hopes for restitution. These thugs are employed
by your state (as mine) to make sure you know your place.

But what were American Customs doing in Nassau? Is that an American colony
now ?

regards

Richard