From:
MR ART WEIL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:13:02 -0500
Hi, Mark;-
    I used to be a fan of the Stanford Indians in the days when
Frankie Albert and Norm Standlee led them to great heights. Then they
changed to the (yech) Cardinals. Now Louisville already has the
Cardinals so I had hoped that Stanford would become the Fighting
Popes. Well maybe there will be a fight of some kind since both
Clinton and Starr's daughters are going there. Or maybe they'll be
the best of friends---share secrets and Secret Service protectors.
The other things Stanford is noted for is being the final residence
of Herbert Hoover and having the San Andreas fault running through
the campus.
         Art