From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 07:37:50 -0400
>Back on September 19th, a group of shell collectors from Virginia,
>Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania had an opportunity to go on a
>behind-the-scenes tour of the Department of Invertebrate Zoology and the
>Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History in Washington D.C.
....snip....

>http://www.erols.com/worldwide/Museum/Museum.htm
>
>Rich

Rich,

What a really nice thing to do for us! Thanks for the great tour of the
NMNH!  I was waiting to hear more about that tour, and now feel as if I got
to go along. And I see that you had a very interesting group.  It was good
to meet a lot of you Conch-L people through Rich's photography. Do go visit
this site, everyone!  Conch-Lers Rich  and Shireen and Raye Germon are
there, and so are Bill Fenzan, Aydin Orstan, George & Lucy Muehleisen, and
Sue Hobbs and Phil Dietz. Not to mention some fantastic pleurotomariids and
a few cowries that most decidedly are not fossils!

Thanks again, Rich,

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY