From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 18:28:33 -0400
>Are subspecies of inferior rank? A mollusc is described/authored today
>and another is described/authored tomorrow as a subspecies of the first.

I think ( I am afraid of misrepresenting her views) that Emily Vokes does
not "believe" in subspecies. They have to be sufficiently different from
the nominal species to merit description, and they must be separated
geographically (or in time). By then, you may as well talk about a valid
species.
Which I think is the point Emilio is also trying to make.

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.
Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A
717- 569-6955 (voice)