From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:31:41 -0600
Mark,

I think five missing packages in a single year is a bit suspicious.  I would start
using another post office, although the problem could be a a central processing
point.  Usually they are too busy for such garbage to go on - but who knows.
Knocking on wood as I write this, I have been very lucky with shipments through
the mail, unless a package was sent that I didn't know about.  This  is a danger
when the sender does not specifically tell you, " The package was put in the mail
today."

On the other hand I had two packages mailed the same day (confirmed by e-mail);
one from Portugal and one from Tennessee - in this case the one from overseas beat
the "local" package by almost one week.  I also thought a Strombus goliath was
lost when mailed from Brazil.  I had about given up hope when it finally arrived -
4 months later!  It obviously sat on a back shelf somewhere.

Just one of the hazards of this great hobby, life work, slight interest,
obsession, or whatever.

Mark, by the way, I have a picture I will send your way of one of the 850 hot air
balloons recently here for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.  This
balloon is shaped like a large box and on each side are four Goudian finches.
These are three dimensional and sit out from the box/balloon.  Thought a finch guy
ought to appreciate this.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico