From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 08:38:21 -0500
Sounds like Papustyla pulcherrima, an endangered species from Manus Island
off Papua New Guinea.  Don't worry a lot of people have them and hopefully
most of them date from before they were listed.  Check out Abbott's
Compendium of Land Shells under Camaenidae.  By the way, you gave an
excellent description.

Hugs,

Kurt