From:
frhinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 14:16:09 -0600
Hi all,
Only comment I have is that in certain parts of the world ,
if they can they will take the opercs also. I suggest
removeing them first. I put them in egg cartons with
numbers, The same on the shells. Unless your size range
makes no mistakes as to the shell it belongs to.
Fred in MN

----------
> From: Dawn Coughlan <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: ants as cleaners
> Date: Friday, November 06, 1998 9:32 PM
>
> Hi Art,
> I am a devout believer in the ant cleaning method, I've
had quite a lot of
> experience.
> My late husband and I lived in north Queensland in the
days of good
> shelling, we had a particulaly good trip to the
Whitsundays one time and
> came home with 2 buckets of shell which included cypraea,
conus, murex and
> harpers, so with so much cleaning to do it was decided
the ants could do
> the job, we have a particuler meat ant that eats
everything bar the shell
> and what a job they did not a spec of animail was left,
mind you it took a
> month to complete the job, but there were no nasy smells
left, and shells