From:
Erick Staal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 20:20:29 +0100
Hi Carol,

I've got some questions:

1) Can you connect to AOL?
2) If connected and you're using Windows 95.
    could you give on a DOS prompt give the following
    command: ping 127.0.0.1. If everything is ok you should get 4 to 5
reply's. If you only get timeouts check your modem and/or contact AOL.
3) Did you change any of your internet settings lately?
4) Could you give a command winipcfg from a dos box?
You should at least have a nameserver. (You can view this one by clicking on
the right lower button of the pop-up window which appears after giving the
command) Sorry, don't have a name for the button because I'm using Windows
NT myself.
If you don't have the nameserver contact AOL!!

This is only for trying to diagnose your problem.

Good luck!
Erick