From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 18:13:18 -0400
>Also, If anybody has a cheap
>Pleuro fossil, let me know.

I do not know of anyone selling them, but pieces of fossil Entemnotrochus
spp. are common in the Eocene limestones of southeastern North Carolina,
near Wilmington.  There are two common species, E. nixus (Tuomey, 1853) and
one I should get around to describing soon.

David Campbell

"Old Seashells"

Department of Geosciences
CB 3315 Mitchell Hall
Chapel Hill NC 27599-3315
USA

919-962-0685
FAX 919-966-4519

"He had discovered an unknown bivalve, forming a new genus"-E. A. Poe, The
Gold Bug