From:
Maurizio Perini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:05:09 +0100
Saturday    January 16, 1999      05:01 PM

Dear Annette and All

I couldn't agree more !! I was shocked reading the message send by Don Barclay:

  """"Hello Conch-L'ers,

       While snorkeling around Pago Pago Harbor recently, I collected
       1,000 cypraea leucodon (Broderip, 1828).  I had originally planned
       to take them to the Paris Shell Show and sell them for about 10
       to 100 dollars each, but a friend of mine suggested that these
       shells would make an excellent study group of the species, at
       least for this particular locality.  I will probably keep one, but I was
       wondering if any of you could recommend a museum, preferably
       one in Europe, which might be interested in having the other 999?

       Thanks for your assistance,
       Don                                                                                """"

I would like to know how many  C.leucodon are now present around Pago Pago Harbor !! Because,  it's true that
most of us collect alive mollusks but it's also true that no one of us want totally destroy them !!

Maurizio,
Vicenza (ITALY)
Oliva Collecting & Study