From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:29:40 -0700
Paul,

Okay, how about some families.  Actually when I started to even think this way I
was just going for the families listed in Eisenberg's book.  Later I added
Abbott and Dance's compendium.  So although I have some land and some
freshwater, I was only going for the better known seashell families.  So you are
soooo right, I have no where near 650 families.  In fact, I just went and
counted them.  I have Gastropoda-82, Bivalvia-36, Scaphapoda-1,
Polyplacophora-4, Cephalopoda-4, Landshells (counted separate from
Gastropoda)-21, Freshwater-a couple only.  So I barely missed 650, I'll catch up
next week.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA  (650?!!!)