From:
Phil Liff-Grieff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:34:49 +0000
Carol Adamson wrote:

> Dear Conch-L,
> Thank you for all the support for my project on Teacher Collections.  John,
> thank you so much for rallying to create support for this.  Also thank you for
> the specimens I have been sent.  I would like to thank Paul Monfils for his
> exceptional donations and Bobbi Cordy for making this a shell club project.
> The generous nature, shared experience and knowledge has been outstanding.  I
> am in sincere gratitude to all of you who have corresponded with me and given
> me advice and counsel.
>
> Carol Adamson, Clark High School, 4291 Pennwood Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89102

Carol,

I just brought your project to the attention of my local shell club
(Pacific Shell Club in the Los Angeles area) and two thoughts arose:

1)  Do you have enough shells?  I would imagine from the response that
you got that you have received quite a bit.  If not, we could offer some
more but, if so,

2)  Would you be willing to share your curriculum/lesson plans with
others?  We would like to pull together mollusk teaching kits for
schools in our area based on what I've been reading here and could
benefit from the work that you've done.

It seems to me that this project idea could be replicated all over the
country- bringing mollusks into the classroom as part of
science/ecology  curricula in many different places.

If you need more shells, let me know.  If you are willing to share  your
curricular materials, please contact me.

Thanks.

Phil Liff-Grieff
La Crescenta, CA