From:
Daniel Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:17:18 EST
Dear Betty Jean and others,
  I think if you all put on your thinking caps, this person was referring not
to Malea but to Mayena which is in the Ranellidae family. That will help you
to answer her question out of your wealth of knowledge. Thanks, DanShell

P.S. - I would answer, but alas I don't have the original message to know the
species she/he was looking for help in describing and identifying.