From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:49:08 +0900
When one considers the amount of work involved in constructing the
> Treatise It is very understandable why it is taking so long to get the
> gastropods covered. I know that Alison Kay has been working on the
> Cypraeidae section for over 5 years now but the end is in sight for that
> section at least.
Absolutely. The Treatise is the original Thankless Task; no pay, no praise.
I have a mild family interest as my dad is involved with writing the
Ammonoidea volumes. I can assure anyone who thinks the Treatise is taking
too long that they might not be too eager to do it themselves if they knew
what was involved...