From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:58:17 -0800
Hello Sam,

I have been sending packages to trading contacts in Australia, Coatia and
Singapore regularly without problems. Just sent a parcel to Northern
Ireland without incident. I simply fill out a customs form that says the
contents are a "gift" and that they are "sea shells for scientific study --
no commercial value."

The first package I sent to Singapore got held up because I stupidly placed
a value of $100 on the form and they waited a few weeks before contacting
my guy over there to tell him he owed an import tax. So never place a value
on the shells. Personally, when adequately packaged (just like I would send
a shell to you), they have always arrived safe and sound. But I would
stress, package them well with plenty of padding.

Best regards,
Jim

P.S. I hope this means you might be interested in trading some shells with
me -- or do I really need to move to . . . Austria?

Jim Miller
Tallahassee, Florida