From:
Nabih S Abdelhamid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 14:13:56 +0200
I followed with interest the discussion about Taxonomy and wondered
about the mechanism of changing Taxonomy on any level (as well as
decicing about new species).

Upon whom is vested the competence to decide about these changes? and
what would cause one body of opinion to accept the decision of another
body to change?

I think that we should agreed upon a panel of competent, and scientific
persons to revise any proposal for change ( and perhaps accept new
species) and this on a universal basis.

Thank you.
N.S.Abdelhamid.