From:
Maurizio Perini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 07:55:24 +0100
Wednesday    March 17, 1999    07:40 AM

Dear Rafael,

According to Paul and Thomas there isn't any Oliva specie called
acuminata. And also I don't remeber any synonym.
The only Oliva from West Africa, as you said, is Oliva flammulata
Lamarck, 1811 and its subspecie verdensis Petuch and Sargent,
1986 from Cape Verde Is. off  West Africa Coast.
There is also a more rare O.flammulata c.f. castanea Dautzenberg,
1910  which is solid dark brown or reddish-brown.
If you are sure that your specimen is from Senegal and it isn't a
flammulata it isn't an Oliva !
If you are able to send me a picture I might try to identify it.
Warm regards, Maurizio.

       Maurizio A. Perini
       Via Pedrazza, 9
       I - 36010 Zane (VI)