From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:51:47 -0700
It  happens from time to time, when the server gets too full (or something like
that), but before we get all excited I think we should remember that someone is
maintaining this website for us all probably on their own time, and using donated
facilities.  I suspect that maintaining this listserv for us all to enjoy takes
some effort.  Perhaps more pressing things were at hand this weekend for that
person.
Whenever this happens (and it's not that often) there is a whole flurry of test
messages that come through when the messages finally get released to us all.  I
don't know whether you can see the posted messages on the Conch-L site directly if
they are backlogged, but I suggest that people check there first if they are
unsure about whether it is the server or their own system.  If there are no
messages showing up for some time I think you can assume that the server is full.
Another thing you can do is post a real question or comment to the list rather
than just a test message.  You will get a notification from the server with words
to the effect that the messages are being queued up.  Then all we can do is be
patient....
Nora Bryan
Calgary, Alberta
CANADA