From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 16:16:19 -0400
No, I wouldn't think so.  The foot of a gastropod must be one of the most
powerful muscle groups in all 'animaldom'.  Big snail shells tend to have
big bodies.  Evolution works all this out.  I've collected Ryssota
otaheitana angulata on Luzon.  The shell is about 4 inches in diameter.
The body can exceed 8 inches in full flight.  They are a little scary to
pick up the first time and carrying more than a few back to camp is tiring.

Kurt