From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:21:29 -0400
I agree with Ken.  Papuina was a catch-all genus, until Clench and Turner
got into them.  Actually, I guess Iredale, and perhaps Rensch, erected most
of the strange sounding generic names.  I will honor Clench's contributions
until someone does some decent anatomical studies to prove otherwise.

Kurt