From:
Ardeth Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 21:07:01 -0500
Several years ago in the Florida Keys a radio station designated a special
time to play songs  related to the Florida Keys.  Two such songs I heard
were "Down in the Florida Keys" and "Song in a Seashell".  Being a shell
collector, I special ordered the album when we returned to Texas.  The
album, Song in a Seashell, was recorded by Tom T Hall known as "The
Storyteller" by country music fans.  It was recorded in 1985 and contained
such songs as "That Lucky Old Sun", "Red Sails in the Sunset", "Love Letters
in the Sand", and "Gone Fishin'"

.The song goes like this:

I heard a song in a seashell
It's a song about happiness.
Down by the ocean one day.                                              It's
a song about trust.
Beautiful song in a seashell,
It's a song about you and me.
Made by the wind and the waves.                                        It's
a song about us.

It's a song about happiness.
Now I have a song in a seashell
It's a song about the sky above.
To follow me all of my days.
It's a song about the ocean blue.
Beautiful song in a seashell,
It's a song about love.
Made by the wind and the waves.

I took the song in a seashell
It's a song about having fun.
Back to the mountains with me.
It's a song about being true.
Now I hear a song in a seashell
It's a song about an old true love
Any old time that I please.
It's a song about me and you.

You asked if there was a song about seashells and there is one.
Ardeth Hardin, Carrollton, Tx